U. S. VS. NORWAY, EUROPE SCHOOL PERFORMANCE--TRUMP
Greetings, John Lawrence Hanson, Ed. D., teacher at Linn-Mar High School on a Fulbright Scholarship in Norway, Europe; and All—
Your interesting 1,300 word guest column in Sunday’s 5-1-16 Gazette compared schools etc. in Norway with those in the U. S. As usual for educators, you omitted student achievement results and cost to achieve them. This post is provided to fill the voids. It is based on OECD, PISA and Iowa Department of Education data.
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) are worldwide studies in member and non-member nations of 15-year-old school pupils' scholastic performance in mathematics, science, and reading. http://stats.oecd.org/ and https://www.oecd.org/pisa/
2015 data will be available later this year, due to the extensive efforts involved with collecting and accumulating all the data.
The herein included data, text and websites show:
1. Norway spends more per student and out educates the U. S.
2. 35 countries out educate the U. S. Only 3 of these countries spend more.
3. Norway is consolidating schools and working to cut school costs, which are recognized as being too high.
4. Iowa’s K-12 schools are ripping off Iowa's kids, parents, taxpayers and employers!
U. S. SPENDS LESS PER STUDENT THAN NORWAY, SWITZERLAND & AUSTRIA
35 OECD COUNTRIES OUT EDUCATE THE U. S.
NOT ALL COUNTRIES TESTED ARE SHOWN
TRUMP WANTS TO PULL JOBS OUT OF CHINA & JAPAN—RANKED 1ST & 7TH AND MOVE THEM TO AMERICA, RANKED 36TH !
U. S. public schools rank 36th internationally, Iowa schools rank about 27th in the U. S. and Linn-Mar ranks 27TH, 37TH & 78TH in average all Iowa grades tested in reading, math and science respectively, using the honest 65th National Percentile Rank grade level proficiency, as discussed in the following websites. Cedar Rapids ranks 276th in science.
OVER 35% OF LINN-MAR STUDENTS TESTED ARE BELOW NATIONAL GRADE LEVEL
READING RANKING OF IA SCHOOL DISTRICTS, 2014-2015
MATH RANKING OF 338 IA SCHOOL DISTRICTS, 2014-2015
SCIENCE RANKING OF 338 IA SCHOOL DISTRICTS, 2014-2015
MORE SCHOOL NEWS
SAM GRAY WANT'S MORE THAN $2.4 BILLION K-12 FUNDING INCREASE
C. R. GAZETTE EDITORS WHINE ABOUT 3.44% SCHOOL FUNDING INCREASE
EDUCATION LIES TOLD TO GET INCREASED SCHOOL FUNDING
MORE MONEY DOES NOT HELP IOWA K-12 STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT
SCORES--SCIENCE GRADES TESTED IN 338 IA SCHOOL DISTRICTS, 2014-2015
89% OF IOWA MATH STUDENTS ARE BELOW INTERNATIONAL GRADE LEVEL
IOWA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION DECEPTION
IA K12 SCHOOLS SPENT $23 BILLION FOR FLAT ACT SCORES
1. John, are you satisfied with Linn-Mar school district rankings?
a. If not, what will you have to say about them in your upcoming guest columns, you said were forthcoming?
2. Similarly, what do you think of presidential candidate Donald Trump trying to convince American business leaders to pull jobs from better educated workers in China & Japan and give them to far less educated workers in America--for far higher pay?
a. Will Trump persuade the states to fix the huge education gap--and out of control education costs?
3. What are you and Linn-Mar going to do about it??
a. Will you ask the Linn-Mar superintendent and school board about it?
b. Will you ask Department of Ed. Director, Ryan Wise about it?
c. How about asking the State Board of Education, and legislators on the Education Committees about it?
d. How about asking Governor Branstad about it?
4. What does the Gazette editorial board have to say about answering the above questions??
5. Does any one of the above care about answering them?
Iowalive A growing network of volunteer citizens and professionals for improving Iowa