IMPACTS OF 42% MINIMUM WAGE HIKE!!!
Greetings, Linn County Board of Supervisors, Linn County Attorney, Gazette Reporter Mitchell Schmidt and alló
Herein are some impact numbers you all have failed to provide, or even attempted to provide, as you move to raise the Linn County minimum wage by 42%, from $7.25 to $10.25!
If you claim to have better numbers than those herein, letís see them. Show folks you at least have some idea of what you are doing!! Will you pull the numbers out of the same dark place you pulled the minimum wage hike ordinance??!!
The 42% wage price increase will:
1. Cut starting worker jobs in Linn County by at least 750 jobs.
2. Take away worker rights to work at a wage that will get them a job.
3. Close at least 10 small businesses in Linn County.
4. Cut growth in existing small Linn County businesses by at least 10%.
5. Reduce new small business start-ups in Linn County by at least 3%.
6. Increase local inflation by at least .4%.
7. Encourage the corrupt in Cedar Rapids Corbett City Hall to raise the wage as well, making all of the above numbers at least 30% worse.
8. Drive existing wages up by at least 1%.
9. Provide ample incentives for a class action lawsuit against the perpetrators of the increase!!
THE BOTTOM LINE
Will businesses take this hosing willingly?? How about the victim taxpayers and voters??
IS THIS HEAVEN?? NO! ITíS CORRUPT LINN COUNTY IOWA!!
Iowalive A growing network of volunteer citizens and professionals for improving Iowa