UNACCEPTABLE FLAWS IN IOWA REPORT CARD ASSESSMENTS
Here are the flaws in the Iowa Report Card posted on website http://reports.educateiowa.gov/schoolreportcard/home/index/~
1. It doesnít show National Percentile Rank nor National or International grade levels for comparison
2. It doesnít state grade level or subject
3. It canít be sorted in state school district ranking order as done on http://www.iowalive.net/readingallstested15-16.htm and http://www.iowalive.net/readingrankcheatingiowa20162017.htm
4. Itís too complex
5. It does not rate an entire district
6. Itís too lenient as it rates a score of 57 to 63.9 as ACCEPTABLE
a. It doesnít show the National Percentile Rank (NPR) or National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) equivalent for that ACCEPTABLE score
b. Iowalive estimates it is at most 50% NPR, and 65% is the National Grade Level. 95% is International Grade Level
c. Iowa educators insist on keeping their thumbs on the scales and cooking the books to make schools look better than they are!
d. It perpetuates Iowaís low Proficiency Standard http://www.iowalive.net/howandwhyiowagotalowproficiencystandard.htm
7. Is unable to rate 9% of the 1,309 schools
8. It wonít improve student achievement nor does anyone claim it willóso donít do it!!
IOWA REPORT CARD PERCENTAGES OF 1,309 SCHOOL SCORES, FOR WHAT LITTLE THEY ARE WORTH.
75 YEAR IOWA EDUCATION CHART
Shows urgent need for substantial education improvement
LESS THAN HALF OF IOWA VOTERS NOW BELIEVE SCHOOLS ARE DOING A GOOD JOB
The percentage fell 13 points in the past 2 years, as shown, when Dr. Sue became more active!!
$23.6 BILLION TOTAL INCREASE IN IA K-12 FUNDING FOR 17 YEARS OF FLAT READING SCORES
UNI'S FAILURE TO TEACH CAUSES TEACHERS TO CHEAT--BENCHMARKS FOR UNI PRESIDENT MARK NOOK